As a member of the British Acupuncture Council, we have always complied with their code of safe practice. However, in the last few months we have been working closely with them to meet the safety criteria outlined by the Professional Standards Authority and the Government and ensure the safety of the clinic following the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic.
Below is stated some of the key security measures taken as a result of the British Acupuncture Council COVID-19 guidelines:
- A COVID-19 risk assessment has been carried out to safeguard the clinic and patients.
- Prior to all appointments, a screening questionnaire and consent form will be sent to everyone to establish that no-one enters the clinic premises if they had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 7 days or have come into contact with anyone else who had.
- Between appointments, additional cleaning and disinfecting measures will be followed through
- The treatment room will be well ventilated between appointments
- PPE will be worn at all times during appointments. Patients will also be asked to wear a mask during treatment.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to maintain social distancing whenever possible
We will continually follow the UK Gov and British Acupuncture Council updates to ensure everyone’s safety during this unprecedented time. It is of utmost importance that patients feel safe, and therefore, enjoy all benefits that acupuncture has to offer.
If you have any further questions, please do get in touch.
In the meantime, stay safe and well.